There’s a general election coming up, you know. However, the following is in no way intended to draw any parallels with the main parties or as voting advice, it’s just a bunch of stuff I noticed about London’s tube map. Okay?
• Cuts through the heart of the capital, from the outer environs to the money of the City.
• Useful for denizens of both affluent and ‘up-and-coming’ areas.
• Can sometimes be frustratingly unreliable and can take a while to get you to your destination, but ultimately goes in the right direction.
• Despite being good for certain places and sometimes looking pretty useful, once you get inside it’s actually scarily old-fashioned and many of the seats face in the wrong direction.
• Stops at lots of posh and important-sounding places like Islington, Victoria and Pimlico, but basically loses interest and becomes pretty useless as soon as it ventures anywhere a bit edgy, like Stockwell or Finsbury Park.
And in case you need another option: